PROFILE AND CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
WHO I AM
Passionate, results-driven content and brand strategist. Equal parts innovator and storyteller, with a real-world focus on action and analytics. Areas of expertise:
Content Strategy Branding Social Media (Paid & Organic) Creative Direction
Concept Development Analytics Product Development Event Planning
Project Management Thought Leadership Influencer/Affiliate Marketing Licensing
WHAT I DO
MARKET MUSE CREATIVE CONSULTING, Havertown, PA
Management consultant supplying targeted social, creative, content & marketing services to diverse client base. Currently under full-time contract with Northern Brewer, a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Drive Northern Brewer’s social media strategies across multiple channels, building passionate following and sales via pipeline of scheduled organic content, product demos, how-tos and engagement, as well as paid media. Resulting customer acquisitions via social channels have increased 20% YOY.
- Partner with internal experts and industry influencers to provide real-time added value and brand connections through social listening, sentiment monitoring and outreach.
- Lead efforts to identify and vet social agencies, establishing target outcomes, metrics, work flow, asset management, reporting and collaboration. Act as liaison for agency-company communications.
- Collaborate with internal teams, providing creative direction, ideation and execution for product launches, brand positioning, catalog and content strategies.
- Analyze metrics, optimize performance, identify trends and influencers via Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite Analytics, as well as services such as Klear, Klout and Buzzsumo.
- Provided product development, marketing, brand management and social media strategies to Ross-Simons, Ashton Drake, The Swiss Jewel Company, The Bradford Exchange, Westland Giftware, The Concorde Collection, Nancy’s Notions and The Franklin Mint as a creative consultant.
TEMP-TATIONS BY TARA, Exton, PA
Kitchenware and lifestyle brand created by designer Tara McConnell, sold via ecommerce, MLM and QVC.
Senior Brand Strategist, 2013-2016
- Directed brand identity, social and marketing efforts, resulting in 200% growth of fan base across multiple media channels in under a year and growing sales on temp-tations.com from $5-10M.
- Led cross-functional team comprised of artists, product developers, copywriters, photographers and food stylists, to achieve aggressive launch goals, within timeline and under budget.
- Wrote, photographed and wove compelling stories around the brand to drive engagement an interaction across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Vine and LinkedIn communities.
- Partnered with QVC Planners, Buyers and Social Media teams to ensure brand growth and product mix was consistent with QVC benchmarks and targets. Generated regular reports on KPI.
- Attended industry trade shows to scout trends and seek out key partnerships.
- Managed vendor relationships with 5 overseas factories, from spec, to sample, cost negotiations, production timelines and deliverables.
GIFTCRAFT, Brampton, ON
Giftware wholesaler, developing award-winning décor, tabletop, jewelry and brands for international retailers.
Creative Director, 2011-2012
Pinpointed opportunities for innovative new products and strategic growth through constant trend-hunting and market research. Pitched, design directed and developed over 1000 new SKUs/year, to support growth in all merchandise categories. Attended domestic and international trade shows in search of new merchandise and sourcing opportunities. Managed stable of in-house and freelance designers and graphic artists.
- Spearheaded development of proprietary artwork and brands, consistent top-sellers in every quarter.
- Developed exclusive products for Disney Consumer Products, Carlton Cards and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Built licensed artwork of Romero Britto into a $10M lifestyle giftware brand.
- Led company-wide brainstorming sessions to pinpoint strategic opportunities/launches each quarter.
- Shifted merchandising mix focus from market goods to proprietary products, increasing sales 15%.
- Published quarterly trend reports and look books to keep designers, merchandisers and sales force on top of current market and design trends.
THE FRANKLIN MINT, Franklin Center, PA
Direct marketer of luxury goods, collectibles, licensed products, giftware, jewelry and home décor.
Director, Product Design and Development, 2006-2010
Manager/Director, Concept Development, 1996-2003
- Rebuilt company’s Communications and Development capabilities from scratch to keep pace with the changing needs of the company during three different management regimes.
- Crafted compelling copy for multi-channel marketing campaigns, including DRTV, print media, catalog and radio ads, plus Customer Engagement Strategy scripts.
- Designed breakthrough product lines and marketing plans for jewelry and die-cast businesses with sales of over $25M.
- Increased upsells 45% through engaging “edutainment” devices such as bonus DVDs and streaming mini-documentaries for key products.
- Drove the growth of top-selling lines in partnership with world-wide brands, such as Harley-Davidson, The Smithsonian, The Vatican Museums, Turner Entertainment, Hasbro and others.
- Designed broad menu of products for a Today’s Special Value offer on QVC which netted $2 million in sales in a single day. Launched four $20M product lines by identifying and targeting new customer bases – Male Fantasy, Female Fantasy, NASCAR and DIY Hobbyists.
- Developed 1000+ new product concepts per year for jewelry, sculpture, dolls, die-cast models, coins, games and historical replica lines.
- Mentored staff of copywriters, proofreaders and designers.
- Managed brainstorming, authored trend reports and pitched new products to senior executive staff.
PROGRESSIVE BUSINESS PUBLICATIONS, Malvern, PA
Leading publisher of business-to-business newsletters on compliance and employment topics.
Wrote, edited and managed production for Safety Compliance Alert, a bi-weekly newsletter for workplace safety professionals. Covered industry convention beat and Fortune 1000 compliance leaders to craft fast-read, actionable content. Boosted subscription rate 45%. Copyedited four other newsletters and instituted editorial roundtable to leverage editorial staff with diverse backgrounds.
SOCIETY FOR INDUSTRIAL AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS, Phila., PA
Publisher of peer-reviewed academic research journals to advance the application of mathematics.
Editorial Assistant, 1994
Coordinated the academic review of manuscripts submitted for publication in four journals. Copyedited manuscripts and proofread galleys on works accepted for publication. Authored policy for incorporating email technology into editorial process, cutting review timeline by 65%.
WHERE I'VE BEEN
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY, Villanova, PA
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature and Communications • Magna Cum Laude • Recipient of the Edward R. Murrow Medallion for excellence in Communications • Member of Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society • Associate Editor, The Villanovan newspaper
GE Work-Out Team Participant; DISC Team Building; Proficient in Mac, PC, G Suite, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Wondershare Filmora, Macromedia Fireworks and Dreamweaver, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.